Thursday, April 7, 2005

The day that changed my life!

After five days of waiting for my monthly cycle to start, I finally went to Walmart after work and bought a pregnancy test. I think Jamie had wanted me to take one days before that, but I really felt premenstrual, so didn't want to waste the money. You're supposed to wait five minutes after peeing on the stick to look at it, but I figured that if I waited and it was positive that it would be a big shock. So, I sat there and watched for it to turn. As the second line started to get darker, I was able to ease into knowing a bit ... okay it only worked a little bit because I was still pretty surprised!

After I found out I picked up the phone and called Jamie. He answered and said "well?". I asked him if he'd be okay with it either way. When he said yes, I told him it appears as if I'm pregnant. His first words? "No shit?" (How romantic!) Then he started laughing and I started crying! He was saying 'this is so great' and I was saying 'what did we do?'

I then called mom and told her. I think she was more surprised than I was! She took such a deep breath in she nearly choked!

No comments:

Post a Comment