Sunday, November 23, 2008

Avery and her sucker

Avery got a blow pop at one of the stops on their errands today. She was a good girl and took a nap, so got to have it afterwards. When I got home, she was sitting on the couch licking it, so excited to show me. I talked her into giving it to me before dinner, and gave it back to her afterwards. Soon she told me that something was wrong with it- the gum was starting to poke through. Well, I thought that I would show her how to crunch on it and get the gum out (she loves gum). Big mistake! She started crying so hard, telling me that I broke it. I kept saying, look it's gum- but she would yell back through tears, no it's not, it's a sucker! You broke it! She was more sad than mad, and I felt awful! She also got a little fish today. It is a beta and she named it Elle. Jamie wanted to get her another one, but I informed him that they're known as fighting fish and would likely kill each other. I'm glad we caught that one before a catastrophe happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment