Sunday, December 27, 2009

A lovely day with Avery

Today Avery, Nana and I went to see a movie- The Princess and the Frog. What a cute little story! Avery loved it and only got scared a little bit when the voodoo man was conjuring up wicked stuff from "beyond." I got a little scared when Nana took off to go to the bathroom and didn't return for a little too long... I was ready to pick up all our stuff and go looking for her when she came shuffling up the aisle. We stopped at Schnucks to see if we could find a post card for Nana, but they didn't have any. So, we bought a bottle of wine and some sushi instead. After having a glass of wine and my fill of California rolls, Avery and Asher and I went to play in the snow. Poor Asher started coughing from running around too much and ended up having to go inside after only a few minutes. But Avery and I were out for much longer, sledding down the hill on our side yard. At one point I was flying down the hill and the front edge got caught and I flipped through the air landing about four feet from Avery's face. She was laughing so hard and wanted to do flips herself! She rolled down the hill and I watched her squinty little eyes (the only part of her body showing) face the sky with every turn. We then went and played on the playset and swinged and slid down the slide (man, did she get going FAST with her snowsuit... the look on her face as she shot out of the bottom of the tube slide was priceless!). Dinner that evening was delicious... a venison roast a friend at work gave me. It was Donny's birthday dinner and it was wonderful (too bad he was working and missed it!). All in all, a very lovely day with my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment