Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tired day

I don't know whether it was the full moon or what, but my kids were both up at three a.m. wandering around the house. Avery even asked if she could play in her room (she often asks this when she wakes up before anyone else- but it's usually not THAT much before anyone else). Asher has been sneaking into our bedroom about half the time. Usually it's between 2 and 4, and last night he was right on cue. To be honest, I have a hard time sleeping when he's in there but on some level I don't mind it enough and let him stay. Sometimes I can put him back in his own bed and he'll stay so if he's really tossing and turning I'll do that. But last night, I was laying there wide awake and decided to go into the living room. Asher followed me out there and laid on my tummy. He asked for milk, so I gave him some and put him back to bed (sorry, dentist) and he toddled out again. I put him back again, then went into our room and he followed me in there. By this time it was 4. I had my alarm set for 5 so I could run and I just couldn't see me functioning at work well with 4 hours of sleep. But Asher climbed back into bed. He snuggled up to me, facing me and searched for my hand. He found it and held it tight up against him and kept saying quietly "my mommy, my mommy." I couldn't help but smile and kiss his spikey hair. Today as I sit here, so tired I could crawl under my desk and nap, I think about that and hope I never forget that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment