Monday, September 5, 2011

Asher's personality

I love Asher's sense of humor. He's not only very silly, but he's a right out there kind of guy, and it cracks us up. The other day he was looking for my iPod, on which he loves to play Angry Birds. I don't mind him playing in the car, or when we're waiting for something but I don't love him playing it when there are plenty of other, more stimulating things for him to be doing. So, sometimes I take it and 'hide' it from him. The other day, he asked me if I knew where it was. Well, it was on a ledge right behind him, so I took it and acted like I took it right out of his ear. He looked at me like I was magical, and asked me how I did it. I smugly shrugged and told him I could do just about anything. The next day he was looking for it again (the fact that he needs to look for just about everything is fodder for another post), and after I repeatedly told him I didn't know where it was he came close to me and asked me to look in his ear! Of course, I couldn't resist pulling it off the shelf again and pulling it out, only to hear him tell me that he KNEW it was in there. As funny as it was (I'm chuckling three days later), it does speak to his excitement and absolute trust that he has in what he sees. It's made it easy for us to trick him into thinking he has a magical finger that can turn the television on and off, as well as windshield wipers and even our car (thanks to the automatic starter). His enthusiasm and bright smile make even the silliest things seem special. We are truly blessed to have such a funny (and smart) little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment