Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day with Asher

Today Jamie and I decided to each take a kid to do something with them alone. I started thinking the other day that the kids are together all day every day since they go to the same daycare. Since I always take Avery here or there, I decided to take Asher. I am so glad I did! We didn’t do anything all that special. We went to Sam’s to get a few groceries. When we got there I bought us a hot pretzel and a bottle of water. We walked around and Asher tried to grab everything he could off the shelves. There were tons of little freebie booths set up and we got free samples of everything from salad to chicken and cake. He was such a good boy. Then we went to the Dollar Store for funsies. There were balloons everywhere so I got Asher one with a big smiley face on it. We took it out to the car, and it was SO windy I had to hang onto it for dear life. I got Asher in the car and that balloon got sucked right out and flew up into the sky like a shot. Asher looked up at it, then looked at me and got the saddest look on his face that I’d ever seen. And the tears.. oh my they were huge! I kept telling him I was sorry and when I couldn’t take it anymore we went back into the store and the lady gave us another one for free. So, home we drove with smiley face balloon number two in hand and a piece of blue gum in mouth. Avery, in the meantime, went to the mall and rode the merry-go-round TWICE. They each came home, took good long naps, and we had a nice evening all together. Asher was so cuddly with me at the end of the day that I had to think that he felt closer to me somehow. It warmed my heart. There are so many days I don’t feel as connected to him as I’d like to be- but today was so much different.

No comments:

Post a Comment