Monday, January 11, 2010

My sweet girl

Last night I was having a rough time. I had a good day with the kids, but just missed Jamie and felt overwhelmed at the week ahead. I've also been a little depressed feeling, probably due to the really cold weather and not getting to get out and work out like I'd like. Anyway... The kids were both watching television and I went into Asher's room to have a bit of a cry. Both of them walked up to the door and asked me if I was okay. I could just see their little silouhettes in the doorway... so sweet. I told them I was okay and that I just missed daddy. Asher says "hey that's my daddy's name" like we were missing two different people named daddy (who he was crying for last night). Avery went and got this little pink bear and gave it to me, and told me I could keep it forever and ever. Then she told me that one time at daycare a lot of kids were being mean to her and her friend Kenley gave her a little airplane to keep, and that it made her feel better. So, she gave me her bear to make me feel better. I was so proud of her and her sweet heart. Sure enough, I felt better after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment