Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My weekend with the kids

I had a great weekend with the kids. Saturday I got up and ran, then went to the store but was able to spend quite a bit of time playing. We went out in the snow mid-morning and were going to try to sled but the snow was too wet. We managed to lay down a track going down the hill at the side of the house, but it was too slow and sticky. But, it was PERFECT snowman/snowball building snow! So we built a huge snowman in the front yard complete with a carrot nose, stick arms, sycamore seed eyes and a snowball "party hat" as Asher said. Then we made and threw about 800000 snowballs at each other and we all had a blast. Daddy was inside watching car racing and made us a good lunch. Later on we went outside again and the snow had changed. It was powdery and no longer good for making snowballs. But... it WAS good for sledding! The track that we had laid down earlier in the day was now slick and icy and the kids FLEW down the hill squealing the whole way. I spun Avery and her hat flew off and she must have gone in a hundred circles before stopping. Thankfully there was a patch of grass just before the treeline or they'd have ended up in the woods! Sunday Jamie left for Nebraska so it was just me and the kids. We had pancakes for breakfast then went to Walmart for a few things. They were so good that I took them to Burger King to play in the indoor playground. I was hoping at least one of them would go to sleep on the way home so I could relax a little but hahhahahaha no way. I did try to implement a quiet time during which Avery watched Peter Pan and Asher watched two episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba (incidentally- I wouldn't mind having some of what the creators of that show MUST be smoking) which gave us all time to reset. After quiet time I had a glass of wine and we all sat down on the floor on a blanket and ate shelled peanuts and watched The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. Every time one of the kids got up they shaked their laps off onto the blanket, which was hilarious. After a dinner of pizza we were all pretty ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment