Thursday, December 2, 2010

Decorating the Christmas tree

This weekend on the way home from mom's we stopped at dad's and picked up a Christmas tree. It was a little shorter than I thought we should get, but it was perfect in every other way. We strapped it onto the top of our new Explorer and set it up in the living room. Honestly, Sunday was a horrible day for us. Everyone was fighting and crying- especially me! I guess four days of "togetherness" and everyone on their best behavior was just a little much. So, the kids went to their new daycare for the first time today. I dropped them off with their little breakfasts and lunches packed and they were really brave when I left. Jamie picked them up in the evening and I picked up a pizza from Pizza Sam's (my favorite so far). After pizza I got a glass of wine, Jamie got a Kahlua and cream we lit the fireplace and turned on the Christmas music and got to decorating! This was the first year both kids were really into putting things on the tree. Avery especially- she did most of it. We have Sam with us while my dad is hunting, so it was interesting trying to keep him out of things. But overall we had a really fun evening together.

No comments:

Post a Comment