Thursday, March 7, 2013

Spiderman made me breakfast

Yesterday, as I was rushing around to get ready for work, I heard the toaster beep.  Now our toaster is an awesome toaster with the exception of this extremely loud smoke-detector-volume beep that alerts you that your toast is done.  So, it's audible from every part of the house (and probably the garage, and the neighbor's house).  This school year I showed the kids that they can make their own breakfasts, including using the toaster in which they use wooden tongs to retrieve their hot toast.  Anyway! Yesterday I heard the toaster then, soon thereafter, smelled toast. Asher ran up the stairs warning me NOT to come down.  I said I'd be down in 15 minutes. Like a 20 year old he looked at the clock, did a bit of math (or not) and told me "that's perfect" then ran back down. 

When I finally made it downstairs, I found a cold piece of overcooked toast with a thin layer of peanut butter on a paper plate next to a small cup of orange juice.  I've never eaten anything that tasted so bad but felt so good to eat.  Of course, Avery got credit for helping, but I could see how proud Asher was of making my breakfast for me.  After all, he informed me as he was loading his Spiderman web shooter, it is the most important meal of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment