Tuesday, July 4, 2006


Auntie Angie and Uncle Greg and Alex and Anna surpised all of us with a visit from Denver.  We drove to St. Louis and met them in their hotel and took them to breakfast.  Greg and Alex and Daddy went to the Cardinals game and me and mommy and Auntie and Anna went shopping for a wedding dress.  Mommy needed help from Angie because last week Mommy cried in Dillards when trying on dresses.  Something about being fat.  I sometimes wonder if it's my fault she feels fat, but she tells me that I'm worth it and I believe her. 

We found a new dress for the wedding, and it's really pretty.  I can't tell you what it looks like in case daddy reads this because it's supposed to be a surprise. We also found shoes and shawl and an outfit for me!

Uncle Greg had to go back to Denver that evening, but Angie, Alex and Anna came back to Millersburg.  Auntie Angie thought she was going to die because of the humidity, but thankfully she didn't. 

The next day we went shopping for paint colors for our new house, and we went grocery shopping.  We bought stuff for crab fondue and burgers to grill out.  Again, hot and humid and I'm glad the Harrants didn't die.  That evening the neighbors shot off fireworks and it was pretty.  Anna was jumping up and down because she thought they were cool.  She caught her first firefly and thought that was cool too.  Her mom, again, wasn't so cool and was sitting in front of the fan in her room.  

The next day they all went back to St. Louis to go home.  It was a short visit, but I'm really glad they came.  It is a lot of traveling, but I am growing so fast that I think they don't mind because I would change too much otherwise.  My cousin Anna really loves me, I can tell.  She fed me peas and prunes and carried me around a lot and played with me. Auntie Angie holds the record (behind mommy of course) in the number of kisses given to me in a single day.  I love pulling her hair and honking her nose. She always gives me such pretty clothes, and I can't wait to write thank  you notes once I learn how to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment