Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday


This Wednesday is SO much cooler than last Wednesday.  In fact, last week the final swallow baby in the nest on our porch died.  I lamented for a moment before knocking the stupid nest down with a window scraper from my van and wondered whether I would have to wash the poop off the porch or whether it would rain first.

Very excited today because Jamie landed a really big job.  It'll probably take him the better part of three months to do it, but the money's really good and believe me when I say we need it.  He is at his old house now clearning it out, finally.  I think after today we'll both be officially all moved in.  Finally.

Also getting excited about the wedding.  Not the wedding, per se, as much as the fact that everyone's going to be there.  Angie and I haven't been up there together in probably 7 years.  I'll get to see Kim and Greg, and Michelle and Neal, and see my family and Jamie's family.  Big fun to be had, I tell ya!

I'm starting to realize that I might live around a bunch of rednecks.  Jamie rented a movie last night for us to watch which was nice because we haven't spent a lot of time together lately.  Kris came over to return the tractor half an hour before it ended.  Jamie walked up the stairs and that was the last I saw of him for an hour.  I finished the movie, fed and changed Avery and put her to bed, got my jammies on and laid on the bed watching TV when he came in to see if I wanted to go outside to drink beer.  Um... blah.  I said no thanks, and he came in after midnight!  I felt a little slighted, and ended up getting miffed enough to where I didn't sleep last night.  Of course,  he slept like a baby and I'm a zombie...LOL!  Anyway... these guys stand around drinking beer and talking and they remind me of the characters on King of the Hill.  I think there were a few gals out there last night, and I heard dancing was involved.  I'm just not into that, I guess.  Never have been.  But poor Jamie has gone so long without friends here that I'm sure he loves the chance to get out and talk with someone besides me.

Friday night we're going out just Jamie and I for the first time since Avery was just a few weeks old.  I'm going to leave her with Sunny.  I'm a little nervous.  Not about Sunny because I totally trust her... but I'm just worried because Avery can be a quirky little gal when it comes time to go to bed.  She hates being on her back and needs her blanket all up around her face.  You have to give her a binkie and keep putting it back in if she gets upset and spits it out.  Sometimes she cries a lot, but if you just keep on giving her the blanket and the binkie she'll fall off.  Few people have mastered this.  LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment