Thursday, July 6, 2006

Avery's update


It seems like Avery's made so much developmental progress lately I wanted to write it all down!

She now has two bottom teeth.  The second one began coming up a week or so after the first one.  She didn't drool or get fussy or anything... they just  sort of appeared.  Now she spends a lot of time feeling them with her tongue and making a funny clucking noise!

She can roll over onto her stomach pretty easily.  I find her laying on her side in her crib in the mornings.  Once a few nights ago I went in to find her on her belly with her two legs protruding between the bars in her crib.  I put her on her back and centered her in the crib, and Jamie came in and woke me up an hour later to say that she was on her belly again.  I said, she's okay, just flip her over if it makes you uncomfortable... he said he did three times.  I tried to convince him it was okay, but he didn't seem very convinced.  I went in and found her on her tummy again and could tell that she was trying to snuggle the blanket underneath her, because I forgot to put her favorite one on top of her.  She doesn't sleep well unless she pulls the blanket close to her face, and sometimes over her head.  I think that's even more important than the binkie!

Avery waves at everyone now.  Even Turbo.  Even the refrigerator from time to time.  Sometimes she'll just extend her arm, others she twists her wrists around like a princess.

She's not crawling yet, but she's getting really close.  She's pulled herself up to standing when she is sitting near something tall.  She'll also get on her hands and toes and it looks like she's going to do a pushup.  I think by the time we go home in August she'll be a lot more mobile.  Mostly  now she scoots around and goes backwards and grunts a lot while she's doing it.

All in all she's doing really well.  She wakes up every morning with a smile for me, and it starts my day out right.  I am not sure what I did without her as she truly is the light of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment