Friday, November 2, 2007

November 2, 2007


It's Friday and I'm on the verge of another weekend.  I love weekends.  I get to spend time with my family, whom I miss terribly while I sit in my office all week long.

Just a few months ago I didn't like weekends much at all.  Asher was still little enough so that he was crying ALL the time.  Avery wasn't adjusting well to having a new baby in the house and her whining and crying was incessant.   They are older now. Avery isn't so upset with Asher, and is being nicer to him.  Asher is older, and a happier baby.

It's crazy how quickly things change.  Watching these kids develop has been the joy of my entire life.  Asher started crawling this week.  I swear it's to get away from Avery's clutches... but whatever the reason he seems so pleased with himself that he can get around after weeks of rocking back and forth on his heels, frustrated that he couldn't reach whatever toy was in front of him.

Avery talks more and more every day.  Even sentences like "no, I don't want that" which should irritate me based on their content fascinate me because she's learned to string FIVE words together.  She started singing this week.  I realized a few weeks ago that she wasn't singing along with me when I was singing If You're Happy and You Know It... it had never occurred to me that singing was a developmental milestone.  Sure enough, this week I was singing the ABC song and I heard her little voice hold a note or two in a row while she was dancing around.

Halloween was this week.  I made Avery a tutu, which was supposed to be a bunny costume but since I couldn't find her ears that night I put a tiara on her head and called her a princess.  Asher was a little ducky, but had a cold so he stayed in with me and we passed out candy.  Jamie got a fire call that evening, so I was alone with the kids to feed them, change them into costumes, and pass out candy.  Donny was pretty helpful, and ended up taking Avery trick or treating which was nice.  After all the crap he has put us through in the past couple months, I suppose it is the least he can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment