Thursday, November 8, 2007

November 8, 2007


It's already Thursday.  How do some weeks pass by so quickly, and others go so slowly when each has the same number of hours?  I'm fighting a cold, hard.  I think I feel better than I did yesterday... it's such a tiny bit better, if is indeed better, that I still feel like crap.

We are all anxiously awaiting Leone's visit on Saturday.  She hasn't seen Avery since she was Asher's age, and has never met Asher.  I don't work on Monday, so will have that day off to spend with her and everyone.  I was looking forward to a ME day... and I might still be able to do something fun... but I have to make room for the possibility it won't happen.

Jamie is taking Donald today to sign up for the Job Corp.  I'm so thankful Donald reconsidered.  I think it's going to be the ONE thing that changes the direction of his life for the better.  That, and he'll be out of the house.. which is something I think ALL of us want at this point.  This morning was typical.  We all woke up early and Jamie and I did a dance for about 30  minutes which includes washing and filling bottles and breastpump, packing up kids' bags, my gym bag, my lunch, getting the kids changed, dressed and fed and getting everything gathered (shoes, blankets, binkies, jackets...) and packed up in the car by 7.  Donny just stands there watching all the havoc he created by getting kicked off the school bus, and all I can imagine is him sitting there with all this control enjoying it.  I have to try really hard not to let it bother me because otherwise it could really start my day off poorly.

Still no sure thing on my job.  I am having to work to get this grant proposal written by 30 November.  My job here depends on not only getting it submitted, but getting it funded.  I have no idea how to go about doing that, and it freaks me out.  I have an application in at Westminster and heard yesterday that I made the first cut, and may be invited for an interview.  I also talked to Joe yesterday about the possibility of my working for the Regional office.  That is the job I'd like.  I would be doing something entirely different than what I am doing now, have a permanent position (finally) and be getting paid more.  With these three irons in the fire, I have to think that by the time my contract here runs out in March that I'll be employed SOMEwhere.

The kids... what are they up to?  Well, yesterday I walked into the living room to find Asher standing up along the fireplace.  Little turkey pulled himself up- only a couple weeks after beginning to crawl.  The past few days have been hard for me because he seems to want to go to bed by 6 or so, and get up at 630, which leaves me little to no time with him outside of daycare.  Avery gets up earlier and stays up later, so I do get time with her.

I had a funny conversation with Avery today.  Funny, in and of itself, that I had a conversation... but it went something like this:
Me (to Asher): Hello pumpkin!
Avery: No, Avery puntin.
Me: Avery's my pumpkin?
Avery: dah
Me: Asher's not my pumpkin?
Avery: No, Avery puntin.
Me: Is Asher my muffin?
Avery: uuuuummmmmm, no.  Daddy.
Me: Daddy's my muffin?
Avery: dah
Me: What is Asher?
Avery: puntin
Me:  Is Asher my pumpkin too?
Avery: dah

What a hoot!  I can't believe how much she's talking and how well I usually can understand her.  It's hard to believe that Asher will be following her soon.  His babyhood is flying by much faster than Avery's seemed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment