Thursday, October 9, 2008

Avery-isms

Avery is so fun to be around! She says such cute things, I think it would be a shame to not write them down and keep them somehow. So... here are a few! When something is big, it's not just big. It is "big one." I like I want a big one drink, I took a big one nap. When you ask her her name, she will say Avery Rose. We are teaching her her last name, so now she will say Avery Rose Lehman (Ay-wee Wose Wehman). We are also trying to teach her OUR first names in case we're ever separated somewhere. Yesterday we were informed that our names were Daddy Rose Lehman, and Mommy Rose Lehman. She is big into favorite things. Whenever she sees something she likes, like her bike she'll say "oh, that's my favorite bike." She calls everyone her favorite friend. Everyone she meets is her friend. The other day she introduced Asher to our neighbor by saying "this is my good friend Asher." And of course when she introduces us like that, she always cups her hands a little and points in the direction of the introducee. Her new thing to do this week is to tell us that she has an idea. If she wants to go outside to play, she tells us "I have an idea, let's go outside...isn't that a great idea?" If she does something naughty and we punish her for it (like spreading diaper cream on the carpet or drawing on the carpet with a Sharpie), when we remind her of it she'll say "I won't do THAT again." If we catch her doing something she isn't supposed to do, like flushing the toilet or drawing on a paper we need- she'll tell me "I just pretend- I not do it." She is always telling us funny things, like to be very careful, or I will miss you. The other day she said she was proud of me for coming home from work. Avery is tenacious, and loves to keep trying. When she doesn't get it right the first time, she'll say "it's okay, I'll try again." She will also encourage us to keep trying again, and sometimes it can be really funny. Once she asked for a cookie right before dinner. I said I can't give you a cookie, and she looked at me, cocked her head and shrugged a little and told me "just try!" It's okay is another one. When she makes a mistake, I'll tell her it's okay. Well now when she does something naughty she'll say it's okay mommy. I caught her in a pile of macaroni noodles that she'd dumped out on the ground. I said Avery what did you do? Her response- it's okay mommy. :/ I'm sure I'll think of more... I will just have to edit this as I remember them! :) Asher is pretty little yet, so doesn't have many Asher-isms. He has learned the word "diaper" (pah-pah). A few weeks ago every once in a while he'd bring one to us and we'd change him. Now after he poops he'll say diaper. So, all you can hear is him grunting to poop, then he says diaper. It's so funny! The other day he farted, and said diaper! Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment