Sunday, October 5, 2008

Busy day!

Today was the fifth annual Columbia Half Marathon Challenge. We had so many more people registered this year than in years' past! I think there were nearly 500 total runners with nearly 400 of them being individuals rather than teams. I stepped back a bit this year from the planning and Lisa did a great job of stepping up. I look forward to the day that I can just step back completely and maybe even run things... getting up at 4 am the first Sunday in Oct every year is getting old! I didn't see the kids much today, but we did have a nice evening together. Avery let a daddy long leg walk all over her- up her arms across her back, on her tummy- and she loved it. She was VERY upset that the spider from the face-painting the day before had worn off. The more she cried about it, the more it ran off her sad little face. I ended up getting out some makeup and painting on a new one. She thought that was way cool, and kept running to the mirror to look at it. Someone in Walmart said something to her about it, and she just beamed. I wonder how many spiders I'm going to have to paint on her face before she loses interest. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment