Thursday, October 2, 2008

Busy day

I have a busy day today, and the next couple days. The half marathon is this weekend. This is the first time in four years I haven't been the director. I told Lisa that I would take on the responsibilities of coordinating the volunteers. Ugh. I remember why I told her I would do it- I was feeling guilty for not directing so took upon myself the most thankless, difficult jobs. I'll be glad when Sunday comes. Funny- for the last five years I've been dreading the first Sunday in October. The kids are doing better- the whole family was sick for the past week. I think Asher still has a bit of the bug. Last night I really had a good night with him. (I had both kids by myself... and Avery was a good girl, but Asher was being fun.) Recently he learned that a monkey says 'ooh ooh ooh' and whenever you ask him what a ___ says, he says ooh ooh ooh. As cute as it is, horeses and dogs don't say ooh ooh ooh. Well, last night I asked him what a horse said and he neighed! Then I asked him what a doggy says and he started panting (then he said ooh ooh ooh.. but hey, baby steps!). Then I read brown bear to him and he actually sat still for a good part of it- big accomplishment. We made all the sounds the animals make and he mimicked each one perfectly. When we got to the teacher at the end I pointed my finger and said 'wah-wah-wah' like Charlie Brown's teacher. He cracked up! Every time I did that he giggled himself silly.. then he started doing the same thing with his chubby little sausage finger pointing all the while. Avery in the meantime is obsessed with being a big girl. Every time we eat, or she pees in the potty she says that 'now I can grow.' (yes, we told her she would grow more if she went to the potty- and takes naps... LOL) She is such a lovely little thing. Every morning she comes into my room carrying something or other (lately it's been her rubber lizard Joey) and tells me she wubs me. We usually watch Little Mermaid together, then I turn on Little Einsteins and she watches that while I get ready to go to work. She really doesn't like when I go to work... it makes me so sad when I see her get sad, knowing I have to leave. Jamie is on the verge of getting a job at Caterpillar. I know he doesn't want to work there but we NEED the money. If he gets it, we'll have to (get to?) send the kids to daycare two days a week. He'll only have three 12 hour days to work, so he can watch the kids Tu Wed Th. I'll have them pretty much all weekend, but that's okay- I miss them so much during the week I love spending time with them on the weekend. I'm praying he gets this... he needs to get out of the house more, and we need the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment