Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Avery and her pony

Avery came into my bedroom at about 6 on Sunday morning. I usually get up and get her a cup of milk, make coffee, then hang out in bed with her til Asher wakes up. I was so tired that morning, though. When she asked for milk, I said “honey, can you please wait just a few minutes… mommy’s so tired.” She said okay and waited another 10 minutes or so, then asked me again. I said the same thing. She must have asked three or four more times, being so patient each time I asked her to wait again. After about an hour, I was finally waking up a little more. I rolled over and Avery asked “mommy, are you tired?” I said, “yes, I’m tired this morning.” She said “are you going to get some coffee?’ I said, “yes, I think I’ll go make some coffee.” She paused, and then said… “will you get me some milk?” I got her milk for her, and was drinking coffee and she asked me if she could pet a pony. I have no idea where that came from, so I asked her to repeat it. She did, and said that she wanted to buy a pony. So, I asked her where we would keep it. In the house, she said. Where would it sleep? In Asher's chair, she said. What would it eat? Grass, she said. I guess she did have it all figured out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment