Monday, September 15, 2008

Good weekend

We had a good weekend here in Millersburg, MO. I ran in a 5k race on Saturday morning. I placed first in my age group (out of both of us!), but came in about 10 seconds slower than last year. I ran with my friend Dana and had a nice time. After I came home Sunny and I took all four kids to a Parents as Teachers sponsored do-dad in Fulton. It was in a local elem school's gym and the kids all had a fun time. It was better than playing outside, because it was a really rainy day. After naps, we went to Noel's fourth birthday party. It was a really nice little party, and even Jamie came. Saturday night into Sunday morning it was very rainy. Hurricane Ike came through and dumped about 7 inches of rain on us. Sunday I spent most of the day cleaning house because we had an open house. But, no one showed up. At least I have a clean house, I guess. We got to play outside a little yesterday evening. The kids loved finding worms and playing with them. Poor, poor worms. Asher loved on one particular worm a little too much and ended up stomping it to death. Avery's potty training is going well. She is still not pooping in the potty very much. Yesterday I told her if she pooped in the potty that I would bake her a cake. I left (for privacy, of course- she insists) and a minute later hear "mommy, I pooped! I want cake!" I went in there to see the tiniest poop in the world. I hated to break it to her that I wanted to see a "big one" poop. I got a message on my phone at work today. It was Avery informing me that she did a big one poop in the potty all by herself and that she had earned her cake. :) Funny... Jamie said that before he put the kids in the tub today that he was using the toilet, and Avery informed him that he deserved for me to bake him a cake too! LOL! I told made-up stories to Avery last night, and it was so fun. She was interacting and really engaged. At one point I was talking about a snake and she said that snakes were scary. So, I went and got my fuzziest softest sock and put it on my hand and pretended it was the snake. Pretty soon she had one on too and we were kissing with the snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment