Thursday, November 17, 2011

A day in Avery's classroom

I went to Avery's kindergarten class today for a couple hours to help her teacher, Mr. Rajewski.  I was actually a little nervous, but Avery assured me that it would be fine, tried to tell me what to expect and helped me pick out what I was going to wear.  It was so nice to see where she spends half of her day each day.  The kids all seem sweet, and I was surprised how quiet they were and how well they listened. I got to help pass out papers, math chips and their little bags of books. I read with a few of them and helped walk them down to the library.

It was fun to look over at Avery and share a smile or a shrug. I saw her friend Lilly there, who we had over a few weeks ago and she was excited to recognize me and wanted to hang out with me, which was cute. The kids were so funny I couldn't help but laugh out loud- I honestly don't know how anyone is a teacher without completely cracking up all. the. time. 
After we got out of class Avery and I walked to the car, and discovered it was snowing a little. We haven't gotten but a little snow yet this season, so it was exciting to see. We drove to the mall to eat (yum, right?) and had a nice lunch together. I dropped her off at home, then went back to work. All in all, a very nice morning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment