Sunday, November 13, 2011

Perfect Fall Saturday

We had a great Saturday.  Avery and I went to the grocery store and ran a few errands together (I left Asher with daddy, although it made me feel terrible when he was crying that I wasn't going to take him... he kept saying "I want you to choose meeee." :( ) and worked together to stay within our budget. Avery spent a good deal of time looking for a prize for Asher because he was so sad. 

We had a good lunch together and watched 101 Dalmations for quiet time. I was able to take a little nap, which I really needed after my long week. After quiet time we spent a little time playing Wii, then went outside for a bon fire. It was a cool afternoon, but not too windy or cold so it was perfect out. Daddy and me were sitting by the fire, sipping peppermint schnapps hot chocolate and playing seated Simon Says (that's the version when  you have lazy parents who refuse to get out of their chairs to play with you). Then they went into the corn field behind the house to gather corn for the chickens. After feeding the chickens we all went inside for a bowl of cheesy chicken chili (which was warm and yummy)- then back outside for s'mores.  That was probably our last bonfire of the year. Unlike in Missouri there's usually so much snow on the ground here in Michigan we can't even SEE the firepit. 

After coming inside, we all got our jammies on and snuggled up in front of the TV and watched a movie called Daddy Daycare. Then, a sleepover on our floor. The kids love doing that on non-school nights- we gather nearly every blanket in the house to make a nest so the kids can sleep together. It's way cute. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment