Wednesday, November 9, 2011

DST withdrawl

Daylight savings time hasn't been kind to us.  It never has been, if I recall, although it's probably loads better now than it used to be. But, our kids are early risers on a good day (thus, the reason I instituted our "do not get out of bed until this number on this clock at least a 6" rule) and setting the clock back an hour doesn't do us any favors. Honestly, I try to get up at 5 and work out for an hour, before everyone else gets up. It's my ME time. It's the time I don't have to referee anything or feed anyone or answer a question. Granted, I'd rather be reading a book or soaking in a bath, but I need to work out and it's the best time to do it. So, Monday morning it's me and my P90X DVD started at 5:10 sharp and within 15 minutes I hear one of them pattering around upstairs. First down the hallway. Then in the bedroom.  Then on the stairs. Finally Asher peeks around the corner. Sigh. There goes my ME time. Then I feel selfish for being disappointed that he's up. So, I let him "exercise" with me and am only slightly annoyed when he continues to tell me that I'm doing something or other wrong. In fact, at one point he told me I needed to touch my toes. I told him that as I got stronger, I'd be able to get my feet higher and then would be able to... to which he replied that I simply needed longer arms.

Today he at least slept until the last two sets of my workout and he only distracted me a little by showing me how he could lift this giant iron weight directly over his precious little head. But I saw how happy he was that I let him exercise with me, and even showed him how to do some of them. My little buddy.

Avery's been good since Tuesday morning, but Ash is going to take a bit longer.  I don't want to look back at his coming down during my workouts as an annoyance, so really try to appreciate his desire to want to be with me. I do admit, though, that I'll be glad when daylight savings withdrawal is over with and everyone's obeying my clock rule again.

No comments:

Post a Comment