Friday, June 2, 2006

A better day



Last night turned out to be a better night. I cried (hard) all the way home from daycare and by the time I got home I actually felt a little better. Avery and I laid on my bed and we played; I fed her at 5ish and Jamie came over just as she was finishing. She was sleeping by 6, and Jamie was in a bad mood so he left and I started packing. Ugh... packing... I have SO much to do. I wish I could just twitch my nose like Samantha and have it be done. I kept checking on Avery and she actually woke up again.. yay! I took her upstairs and put her on the floor and she toppled over to her tummy, then scooted her way half way across the room backwards. Then she was rocking back and forth and finally rolled over! Yay!! I think I scared her a bit when I cheered, but I was so happy! :)

I called mom to tell her and ended up talking to her for a long time. All the while I was holding Avery and she was just laying in my arms looking up at me. I couldn't find her regular binkie, so I found the 'soother' that we got at the hospital and she actually stuck her thumb in the hole and was sucking on her thumb through the soother. Very funny! She finally fell asleep after I fed her, and she woke up at 5:45 smiling and talking.

I'm almost finished writing my section of the book chapter I've been working on. I thought it was going to be easier than it turned out to be. This spring is certainly one of the more boring springs... no field or lab projects and all writing. I guess that's what happens when one spends 2 months of primo writing time on maternity leave! I did get to go collect frog eggs yesterday. Two species, luckily enough! My colleague in Wisconsin gets one and I'll take the other to do feeding trials. There was such a large chorus of versicolor in my back yard last night that I'm tempted to go looking for eggs in the pond there... but I'm certain the neighbors would think I'd lost my last marble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment